Here we have another book tag, this is a Fall/Autumn one that I was excited to do. Check out the original video tag creator below.
1. In fall, the air is crisp and clear: name a book with a vivid setting!
I could go with my favorite books but I’m going to go with another I haven’t talked about which is Insanity by Susan Vaught. I like how I can picture the hospital and all the weird things going on. It has taken me on a ride and I’m almost done reading.
2. Nature is beautiful… but also dying: name a book that is beautifully written, but also deals with a heavy topic like loss or grief.
Don’t mind the Reaper by Michelle Muto.
This book is heavy and light at the same time. It’s been a while since I read it but I remember how I felt after reading it: grateful to be alive.
3. Fall is back to school season: share a non-fiction book that taught you something new.
I’m not really all that into non-fiction biography type books but I do like self-help. One of the books/guides that have helped me that I’m debating on rereading is The Desire Map by Danielle LaPorte. It guided me to my emotions and what I want to feel along with my goals. I use the daily planner from Danielle all the time.
4. In order to keep warm, it’s good to spend some time with the people we love: name a fictional family/household/friend-group that you’d like to be a part of.
I go back and forth with the Valkyries or with witches in Kresley Cole’s Immortals After Dark series. I love the womanhood about both of these groups and the fun they have.
5. The colourful leaves are piling up on the ground: show us a pile of fall-colored spines!
6. Fall is the perfect time for some storytelling by the fireside: share a book wherein somebody is telling a story.
Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright.
I love how this old tale is told by them. It definitely kept me interested and I finished this book pretty quickly.
7. The nights are getting darker: share a dark, creepy read.
I think I’ve mentioned them before but I love the Bad Girls Don’t Die series by Katie Alender. My favorite! I’ve reread them about three times. They’re that good and creepy.
8. The days are getting colder: name a short, heartwarming read that could warm up somebody’s cold and rainy day.
Love Does by Bob Goff.
This book was recommended to me and I have read a couples chapters and I love the message through this book.
9. Fall (luckily, it’s my favourite season) returns every year: name an old favourite that you’d like to return to soon.
Savor Me Slowly. Alien Huntress series 3 by Gena Showalter.
Mishka Le’Ace was/is my favorite character I felt so loving and protective over. It’s been a good while since I’ve read this book but I love it so.
10. Fall is the perfect time for cozy reading nights: share your favourite cozy reading “accessories”!
My blanket and my phone and headphones for music.
11. Spread the autumn appreciation and tag some people!
I tag you, readers, comment below your choices and what do you think about mine.
Original book tag video: