Let’s talk about Annabelle Creation, the prequel to Annabelle. Here we are meant to learn the backstory on how it became to be the doll of nightmares. It’s been a year of waiting and now it’s finally here. Annabelle Creation is finally here.
Sunday I went to see this movie and I arrived with lots of hope. Hope that this movie would live up to my expectations. The list below will be vague in a sense so not to include spoilers.
Here’s what I enjoyed in Annabelle:
- Clues on top of clues and trying to figure out where they will be used when the camera swings this way or tells us about a seemingly insignificant thing.
- Great heart pumping scenes
- Some predictability but very good imitations from horror films that just make a horror movie, a horror movie.
- Great unpredictable moments
- The voice…that voice. It’ll haunt me and I couldn’t cover my ears fast enough. Was not expecting it.
- An interactive movie that you just needed to talk to the screen but it wasn’t frustrating like now you’re just being dumb.
- I didn’t expect it to be taken that far as it did. Stretched my suspension of disbelief without breaking it.
- Was not like the first one. This one was a horror movie. It didn’t have to hold to the same realistic beliefs as the first did as this one was not based on a true story (or I don’t think it was) So the creativeness was driven up a notch. They could tell it their way and push it a little further.
- Gave anticipation to take the story further with more movies and mischiefs Annabelle will continue.
- A great prequel I nearly squealed when it was brought full circle with the first Annabelle.
My reaction: “I remember this and OMG that’s what freaking happened.”
Nostalgia sweet, sweet nostalgia. Warmed my horror fed heart. Now, with all that sweetness I was still jumpy from the voice and so like everyone else who leaves a horror film with goosebumps down their arms and hairs standing on end, I listened to K-Love on the way back home.
Following the lead of the Collector, I place these memories in a quarantined cell and only go to them when I need to.
Thank you, Annabelle, for being so good.
Ps. Do you like the new layout of the blog?