I can say with so much excitement that this is my favorite out of this series. I couldn’t get enough. It was a fantastic movie. I’m so happy they were able to recover themselves greatly.
Seeing the previews, I was excited but still didn’t get the haunting part. During the movie, I was like that makes perfect sense and flows together so well. This was the second movie I watched where the audience clapped after the movie ended. Such an enjoyable horror movie.
So the points I loved in the movie:
- It was more than a horror movie. We were dealing with both supernatural and the mundane conflicts. A perfect blend of action and horror. Two of my favorite genres.
- The plot was fantastic and to me everything made sense.
- I loved the familiar faces and how it combined with the first two
- I was surprised and I feel like it’s rare to be surprised in a horror movie that’s not like a jump scare. The point in the plot where it connected I was like oh shit, I did not see that coming.
- It pointed out to me by someone that the way they use the music is very well done to make you scared at the right times and feeds the atmosphere.
- Elise’s past and her talents were really interesting to hear about. This is one of the reason I would want to see it again because I want to understand it more.
By the end, I was hoping for another movie, the total opposite of the third one. Also, it was mentioned that this movie related somehow to the Sinister series, which I definitely will have to research a bit more about. I would buy this movie just to watch it along with the first two.
I commend Adam Robitel who directed this movie and of course James Wan produced it and everyone else who worked hard to gift us with this gem to start off 2018.